Crime and safety are always issues that come up when we’re out on the doorstep in Crouch End. We’re lucky to have a great local ward officer in PC Martin Nicholls. He’s always available and provides local people a great service including being reachable on Twitter: @
Working with Martin we’ve decided to call a public meeting to update residents on crime and safety in Crouch End, providing local people a chance to raise concerns and for the police to tell us how we can help fight crime.
So please come along on 26th October 2016 at 7pm. The meeting will be held in the old council chamber in Hornsey Town Hall.
We held a successful meeting about crime and public safety in January 2016 which was attended by London Assembly Member and now deputy Mayor of London, Joanne McCartney.
If you’d like us to arrange more public meetings about services or issues in the local area please drop us a line on email@example.com or tweet us at @crouchendlabour
Jason, Natan and Sarah are your hardworking local Labour Cllrs.
Since we were elected in 2014 we’ve seen:
- Hornsey Town Hall open again with progress made towards finding a sustainable future for the building
- £8million invested in Park Road leisure centre including the protection of the much-loved diving board
- Over £14,000 invested in community groups in Crouch End to provide services for the disabled, protection of green spaces and to support art and culture including the Crouch End Festival
- Over £1million for roads and pavements with 56 roads designated as 20mph and almost 150 new street lights
- Waiting times for Homes for Haringey repairs reduced from 23 to 12 days in Crouch End
Find out more by clicking here.
This record was a major reason why former leader of the Haringey Lib Dems Sarah Elliott has joined the Labour Party. This means we now have three Labour Cllrs in Crouch End. You can read Sarah’s statement about joining Labour here.